Nuhu Adam, M.Sc., MNIM; AGM, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Mr Adam, is an Undergraduate and postgraduate degree holder in Sociology from the University of Ilorin and the University of Lagos respectively.
An astute administrator with a mixed rewarding career in the private and public sectors including the Parliament for over two decades in various capacities, across different sectors in Africa, heading diverse business units, including Logistics at Intels Nigeria Limited, Operation Management and Government Relations at Virgin Nigeria, Shared Services Management at Orleans Invest West Africa Ltd.
He ganarred tremendous Leadership, People and service delivery management Skills while functioning in several roles as General Manager, Business Development/ Team Lead of West and Central Africa World Bank Assisted Project at Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Political Aide to House committee Chair (Aviation) and 3RD President of The Pan-African Parliament (PAP), Midrand, South AfricaIn his position as General Manager.FEDERAL AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA, he was responsible for;
- Successful implementation of the project procurement procedures outlined by the World Bank for various project components of Agencies of the Ministry of Aviation.
- Head and led the drive for delivery of new airport business template in line with the business strategy of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.
- In his engagement as Advisor to the House of Representatives AVIATION COMMITTEE, of the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY between 2008 to 2012 he Provided legislative support that led to the enthronement and promotion of Consumer Protection in the Aviation industry.
- Led a massive infrastructural development programme for the industry especially with the completion of Total Radar Coverage and the Doppler Weather Radar Project.
- Ensured maximum legislative support for runways rehabilitation projects, purchase of 30 Fire Trucks as well as construction of Perimeter Fencing at twelve selected airports in the country to improve safety and security.
- Part of Parliamentary delegation to the American House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) United States of America in June 2009, and provided advisory support that led to Nigeria attaining FAA Category 1 certification.
- Assisted and built consensus amongst Committee members by delivering unanimous supports for the programmes of various agencies in the industry.
- Commended as change-agent strategist that transformed contracts modes and processes which led to the unprecedented saving of several million dollars and cancelation of 2nd Abuja Runway contract.
- Provided legislative support for the ongoing construction of 6 new airport terminals to enhance passenger comfort.
At ORLEAN INVEST AFRICA LTD, where he was engaged as Head of Aviation he delivered the establishment of a successful Corporate Aviation department for the Group and strategic conceptualization of Airport/FBO/MRO as an integral Logistics and supply chain in Onne Free Trade Zone. Other notable accomplishments include;
- Successful implementation of the recommendations of the Business and organizational review presented by Aviation Team.
- Successful delivery and acquisition of new business Jets and launch process from owner usage only to commencement of corporate charter through a cost-effective business model
- Yet to be surpassed record in developing common service platform for Group travel with improvement to service delivery without compromise to security and safety.
HE ALSO HELD VARIOUS POSITIONS IN THE AVIATION SECTOR, INCLUDING DUTY MANAGER, AIRPORT MANAGER AND HEAD OF GOVERNMENT RELATIONS AT VIRGIN NIGERIA; GENERAL MANAGER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND TEAM LEADER OF THE WORLD BANK ASSISTED (WEST AND CENTRAL AIRPORTS SAFETY AND SECURITY PROJECT) AT FEDERAL AIRPORTS OF NIGERIA; SENIOR LEGISLATIVE AIDE ADVISOR TO THE HOUSE COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN (AVIATION) AND SENIOR AIDE TO THE 3RD PRESIDENT, PAN AFRICAN PARLIAMENT (PAP).He is a Member, Chartered Institute of Management , Nigeria